Organic Farming MSc
ORC has formally joined together with Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC) to deliver one of the country’s few postgraduate courses in organic farming. The two organisations will now deliver the course in partnership, a development that will enhance the educational experience for the organic farming students.
The organic farming courses are offered on a part-time distance learning basis to allow those in continuing employment or with family commitments to be able to participate. Course participants come from a wide range of backgrounds, including farmers, growers, vets and other agricultural and food sector workers who wish to develop their career and businesses in the organic food and farming sector, as well as those from unrelated backgrounds wishing to increase their knowledge and understanding of organic systems.
Specific course objectives are to provide graduates with:
- An ability to critically appraise organic farming as an agricultural system
- A good understanding of the organic sector
- A sound knowledge of the science underpinning organic farming
- An understanding of the marketing, business & quality assurance requirements for organic produce
- Work placement experience
- Research skills (MSc only)
Find out more at Organic Farming MSc
Read the Press Release Enhanced organic opportunities for postgraduate students