Ms. Anna Sellars
Contact detailsEmail prefix: anna.s (add suffix @organicresearchcentre.com)
Phone: +44(0)1488 658298 - extn. 537
Postal address: Elm Farm, Hamstead Marshall, Newbury RG20 0HR
- MSc Development Studies, London School of Economics and Political Science
Thesis: Evaluating permaculture as an approach for sustainable rural livelihoods and rural development.
- BA Geography, Queen Mary University of London
Main roles and responsibilities
Research into farm and food business development, markets and supply chains of diversified cropping systems, and UK organic market trends. Includes work on the following projects:
- CERERE – compiling case studies and identifying best practices for localised cereal supply chains in Europe;
- DIVERSIFOOD – embedding diversity in organic and low-input food systems; summarising findings through case studies, data analysis and policy recommendations;
- DiverIMPACTS – research into diversification through crop rotation, intercropping and multiple cropping; production of case studies, and strategies for sustainable implementation along value chains.
- Development of UK organic markets and farm business
- Impacts of product diversity on markets and food security
- Local and decentralised value chains
- Economic and environmental sustainability