Join the Organic Research Centre’s Farmer and Business Supporters’ Group
The Organic Research Centre is at the forefront of UK research on organic and other agroecological approaches to sustainable and healthy food production, including knowledge exchange and policy advocacy on behalf of organic farmers and businesses. Read our leaflet on What we do, why we do it and what we've achieved (609kb pdf file)
While much of this work is supported through project funds from the EU, governments and foundations, we rely heavily on donations from individual supporters to provide vital underpinning for our activities. Regular monthly or annual donations help us to plan ahead with greater confidence about our ability to undertake new initiatives on behalf of organic farmers and food businesses.
Will you join the growing band of farmers and businesses willing to support us like this?
We’re not just asking for your support – we’re offering something in return to say thank you!
Members of the group have:
- The opportunity to attend an annual open day to hear about current activities, with space to discuss your priorities for research, information and policy initiatives1 - the first will be held on 22nd September 2015. Opportunities to participate in bids and funded projects;
- Networking opportunities and events, including the OF&G National Organic Combinable Crops event at John Pawsey’s Shimpling Park farm on 7th July 2015, which features many ORC projects;
- Pre-publication access to research reports, technical guides, bulletin articles, conference papers and other publications, with an invitation to feedback comments where appropriate;
- Access to the research team and a quarterly update on progress and staff news, with links to on-line resources, for each of the main areas of ORC activity2;
- Links to and (optional) membership of relevant on-line discussion forums;
- Discounted access to ORC conferences and events, including our next annual conference, 27-28th January 2016 in Bristol;
- Free subscriptions to ORC’s quarterly printed bulletin, monthly e-bulletins and the Organic Farm Management Handbook every two years (the 2016/17 edition is due to be published in autumn 2015).
ORC has played a major role in securing fairer organic support payments from Defra, recognising both the costs of organic management and the environmental benefits. John Pawsey, Shimpling Park Farm (arable farmer)
Please give us your support and sign up today!
To join the ORC FABS group, please pledge a regular annual donation (or monthly equivalent) of at least:
£100 (Supporter), £250 (Bronze), £500 (Silver), £1000 (Gold), £5000 (Platinum)
We are keen to recognise the different levels of support, but all supporters will receive the same benefits. To pay please use the donate button on the Support us page, this can be set up as a standing order via paypal or a credit card if preferred. Alternatively contact Gillian Woodward for a standing order form.
Are you a private individual or student?
1While ORC would not be able to guarantee to undertake such work, the priorities identified would feature in attempts to secure funding, as well as in the research consultations and priority setting initiatives that ORC takes part in.
2Plant breeding, cropping systems, livestock systems, agroforestry, environmental impact and sustainability assessment, business performance and market data, policy support, information services.