Agricology open day @ Daylesford14 September 2017
What could a sustainable farm look like?
Farm Manager Richard Smith will lead a tour of the diverse enterprises at Daylesford with input by specialist speakers from our partner organisations. The tour offers a practical demonstration of sustainable farming, set amongst a progressive system with reference to research and ecological approaches, regardless of labels.
Refreshments, lunch and the farm tour will also provide an excellent opportunity to share ideas and practical experiences with fellow farmers.
The farm tour will include:
- Friesians and the dairy (incl vet meds & husbandry), including Gloucester cattle
- Market garden & field horticulture
- Beef and sheep - breed selection for low input systems
- Laying hens and turkeys
- Forage crops, pastures & cover crops
- Integrating livestock into arable
- Honey bees & other pollinators
- Arable (weed management, pests & diseases)
- Wetlands, hedges, woods and other habitats
- Renewable energy
The speaker line-up includes representatives from the following organisations with more to be announced:
- GWCT’s Allerton Project
- Organic Research Centre
- Cotswold Seeds
- Royal Agricultural University
- Hook Norton Veterinary Practice
- Richard Smith, Jez Taylor and Tim Field of Daylesford Organic Farm
- Future Policy & a final word
Click here to book your place. Ł40 per person including lunch and refreshments.
To event list