Table of Contents
Our advice and education work is part of our wider information programme (see also Events and Information and publications).
The aim of our business-oriented work is to communicate organic principles and best practice and to disseminate technical and market information to producers, consultants, food businesses and others, so as to improve both business performance and the delivery of public goods (climate change, animal welfare, biodiversity etc.). We do this through:
- small and large group training and demonstration events, including our annual organic producer conferences, and engagement with the Farmers Organic Research Club
- publications such as the ORC Bulletin and the Organic Farm Management Handbook
- working with producers and other to facilitate the sound development of the organic sector primarily in the UK but also internationally
- developing the Institute of Organic Training and Advice (IOTA) to ensure consistency of knowledge and delivery across the organic advisory sector
- promoting the use of IOTA accredited advisors as the primary source of sound organic advice
- since April 2012, IOTA has merged with ORC and we are no longer offering one to one consultancy and advice as a commercial service
Our wider public-oriented education and public relations programme aims to educate and inform students, school children, consumers and civil society more generally about the issues affecting the sustainability of primary food/energy/fibre production and to engage with the media on relevant food, farming and sustainability issues.
The information programme is co-ordinated by Dr Bruce Pearce, Senior Programme Manager, with support from Mark Measures, Director of IOTA.
Advice and education areas
Consultancy and advice
Thinking about converting?
Institute of Organic Training and Advice
Training and demonstration
Organic Centre Wales
Schools and colleges
Wheat and barley Legacy for Breeding Improvement: An integrated approach to improving European wheat and barley production
Funds to plant trees: New scheme targets organic farms
OCW holds Welsh CSA event: Networking opportunity in BOBL project
IOTA Nutrient Budgeting Workshop planned: October event to examine nutrient budgeting tools…
European STOAS project starts: New project supports advisor sustainability training
To view more articles about advice and education.