We offer a range of Menus from the basic working lunch to the more varied and imaginative menus for cold buffets and hot sit-down meals.
Choices and price will depend on seasonal availability of produce and can be discussed at the time of booking. Vegetarian options are included and a vegan option can be discussed.
Tea/Coffee/Water and Biscuits included in the Room Hire Rate.
Our ethical food policy
The philosophy of the Organic Research Centre is to develop and support sustainable land-use, agriculture and food systems, primarily within local economies, which build on organic principles to ensure the health and wellbeing of soil, plant, animal, man and the environment – and to this end, we operate an ethical food policy in our conference centre.
All tea, coffee, milk, sugar and fruit juice supplied by us is organic and where appropriate Fairtrade certified to ensure that farmers get a fair price for their produce.
We have asked our caterers to work to the following guidelines for sourcing ingredients:
- Any dairy products used should be organic.
- When using fruit, only fresh seasonal organic fruit – preferably locally grown should be used. If imported organic fruit is used, then it should be Fairtrade certified if at all possible.
- Where meat is used this should be British and organically-reared and preferably locally produced from our recommended suppliers.
- Where bread is used it should be organic and mainly wholemeal, not white.
- All vegetables should be organically produced and preferably locally grown.
We try to keep all packaging to a minimum and to use biodegradable / compostable or recycled material wherever possible at all times.
Our Recommended Suppliers:
Organic Biscuits and Baking ingredients:
Doves Farm Foods, Hungerford, Berks
Organic Dried goods (pasta), etc:
Garlands Farm Shop, Berkshire