Practical research and innovation – diversity in practice
This year for the first time we brought together two popular organic events to allow more people to participate in both. The Soil Association’s National Soil Symposium (25th November) focused
on resilience. The ORC conference had producer-focused technical and business workshops on the first day (26th November), and a more specific focus on current research and innovation activities on the second day (27th November), with the aim of bringing producers, researchers, advisers and students together to make change happen!
- Opening Plenary: Organic farming and sustainable intensification?
- Closing plenary day one: Agroecological solutions for future farming
- Closing plenary day two: Farmer groups leading innovation and research
Diversity in practice: Wednesday 26th November workshops
- Making money out of growing fruit and vegetables
- The GM threat: time to take action
- Breeding for organics – new populations and varieties
- Securing the future: making succession work
- EU organic regulation
- Keeping growing: ensuring success
- Designing agroforestry systems – sponsored by the Woodland Trust
- Emerging opportunities in organic supply chains
- Policy/CAP implementation
Practical research and innovation: Thursday 27th November workshops
- Postgraduate research in organic farming
- Conversion planning and organic farm management
- Dairy research and innovation: breeding choice
- Make legumes do the leg work
- Mary Langman memorial workshop on Organic food quality and health
- On-farm trials: Learning from the horticultural field labs
- Organic business management – tools and approaches
- Improving the nutrition, health and welfare of organic pigs and poultry
- Diverse legumes and grass mixtures for forage production and grazing
Full conference programme and room layout
- The 4 page programme with speakers and presentation titles.
- The 12 page programme with speakers, presentation titles, and abstracts
Previous conference proceedings
You can find proceedings of previous conferences .