- Groups of less than 20 and local community groups may qualify for a discount on the hall rate
- Room layout and furniture provision is subject to discussion and final numbers.
- We can provide details of local hotels and Bed & Breakfast.
- Taxi, mini-bus or coach transport can be arranged from local railway stations and hotels to The Organic Research Centre – but all costs to be paid direct by the hirer.
- All prices exclude VAT
- All bookings are considered as provisional until The Organic Research Centre receives a signed booking form and deposit. On receipt of the booking form all facilities and services reserved on your behalf will be subject to ORC’s Terms & Conditions
- Organic Research Centre reserves the right to release the provisional booking and re-let the facilities if the booking from is not returned
- A minimum number of delegates must be identified on the booking form.
- Final numbers, all other arrangements and requests should be confirmed at least 7 days before the event. Amendments to numbers or arrangements should be in writing.
- Any reduction to numbers made within 48hrs prior to arrival will be charged for in full.
CANCELLATION by the Hirer:
If the hirer makes significant changes to the nature of the booking or number of delegates, The Organic Research Centre may amend applicable rates or facilities offered. In the unlikely event the you should have to cancel, reduce the duration or contracted value of your booking, the scale of charges for the loss suffered by The Organic Research Centre are as follows:
- There is no cancellation fee – other than the deposit – for confirmed bookings with at least one month’s notice.
- Confirmed bookings cancelled with less than one months notice will be charged 50% of the room hire cost and any charge levied by the caterer passed on to the hirer.
- Cancellation of 48hrs notice, or less, incurs a charge of both room hire and catering charges in full.
CANCELLATION by the Provider:
The Organic Research Centre reserves the right to cancel a booking if; (1) the centre’s management judge that a booking may prejudice the reputation of the The Organic Research Centre, (2) the hirer is more than 30 days in arrears of previous payments, (3) The Organic Research Centre becomes aware of any alteration to the client’s financial situation.
If The Organic Research Centre is unable to honour this booking or any part of its services for any cause outside of its control, it shall be entitled to cancel the booking without liability.
A deposit of £35.00 is required to secure a booking. This should accompany the booking form.
If there are any last-minute changes to the booking in terms of any additional delegates, catering requirements or other changes, these will be invoiced immediately after the event. Should the price of certain commodities increase inordinately, the provider reserves the right to amend quoted prices and advise the hirer accordingly.
The provider shall not be responsible for any delay or cancellation due to causes beyond its control.
- Bookings for 17th, 18th and 21st birthdays, and children’s parties, will only be taken from people known to ORC i.e. with some connection to the organisation
- ORC will inform immediate neighbours of any event held outside of office hours (evenings and weekends)
- The hirer shall be responsible for the conduct of their guests and ensure that their behaviour shall not cause a breach of the law or nuisance to other guests.
- If the hirer wishes to use any equipment, services or activities arranged through third parties permission must be obtained from The Organic Research Centre beforehand. Permitted use will be entirely at the hirer’s own risk and The Organic Research Centre will not be liable for any consequential loss, injury or misuse of the equipment. The hirer will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by The Organic Research Centre resulting directly or indirectly from the hirer’s equipment.
- The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the conference room furnishings, flooring, equipment etc, either by willful act or neglect of the delegates or guests and shall pay to The Organic Research Centre the amount required to make good or remedy such damage.
- The hirer is not permitted to bring any food or drink on to the premises, unless the prior consent of The Organic Research Centre has been obtained in writing.
- To eliminate noise disruption for the neighbours, the doors of the hall which face the road should not be left open. However, the rear doors facing the garden can be opened
- Music must finish by 11.30pm, with everyone off site by midnight
- Nothing is to be fixed to the walls although BluTack can be used on the beams
- Nothing should be draped over the roof beams, in particular where the projector is housed
- Chinese lanterns cannot be used
- Only tea-lights in holders or large church-type candles fixed into a proper base which will not fall over thereby causing a fire risk are permitted (no tapered candles allowed). Candles should not be placed close to any foliage displays which might catch fire
- No indoor or outdoor fireworks to be used (apart from the fire risk, we are next to The Dogs Trust and do not wish to cause any unnecessary distress to the animals). Party poppers may be used
- Rubbish must be placed in designated bins. Please ensure only paper, card, glass and plastic bottles and cans are placed in the small recycling bins. General rubbish goes in the large Grundon bin marked GENERAL
- No smoking is allowed on the premises. Sand buckets will be made available outside for smokers, and these will be clearly marked
- Camping may be allowed, but prior permission must be obtained
- The only confetti permitted is natural petals and this should be swept away by the event hirer after the event
- Portable gas heaters can only be used externally and must be kept a safe distance away from buildings
Payment should be made to The Organic Research Centre within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
The Organic Research Centre reserves the right to charge interest at 3% per month on the balance outstanding unless special terms have been agreed with the management.